Monday, April 12, 2010

Bathing Jumbo

How do you do? Are you having a bad day? I'll make it better. Your having a good day? I'll make it even better. This is a funny story that happened when I was bathing Jumbo today. I know you'll like it, so read along.

I was in the bath room tub with him. Jumbo was having fun with the bubbles, toys, and stuff. Jumbo was making his little yellow ducks go down and up in the water and was making small noises. I told him, "Jumbo, it's time to go out of the bath tub." He obeyed, but submerged into the bubbly water for one last time. When he rose his head up again, his face looked somehow like this:

Just wanted you to have a laugh! :-D

I guess he did this because he wants to explore the world more, and he can only do this through his senses - by touching, grasping, and shaking things with his little hands. This is called the sensorimotor stage precisely because of that. It begins at birth and lasts until the child is 2 years old.

0 comments:

Post a Comment