Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Raising a Child

I want to propose myself to raise a great child, with character and with love. I want to tell you that I will try to be the best parent as possible - from now to his infancy, from childhood to adolescence - I will not stop loving this child no matter what. One thing that I will always keep in mind is to take care and give love to this child of mine, no matter what. Everybody needs love and attention and... I really want Jumbo to be able to talk to me about his school life whenever he needs me. I will also show & teach him from the very beginning what things are wrong and what things are right. But for that, I'll have to be a really good example for him. I know I have a trillion mistakes, but whenever I make one, I'll tell him, "Even though mom does this, you shouldn't do it Jumbo. I make mistakes too and what I am doing is not right." I hope he understands that. :-)

La, la, la, la... I'm not listening to you.

I'll use both my ears and my one mouth for the use God gave them to humans: first hear, then talk. I'll give Jumbo both my ears, listen to him, and take him very seriously. Whenever I punish him, I'll do it with love. (Maybe this won't work because all kids hate being punished after all and they don't understand that we, parents, do it because we love them.)

Other important things I shouldn't forget (because I was like this as a teen) are:
  • Everything on the plate is to be eaten!
  • Keep yourself and your belongings clean and organized!
  • Strict bed time is at 10pm!
  • Strictly finish your homework and then play!
And all these goals I've set myself are not to be done alone, but with God's help. We will read each day's lectures and pray before eating a meal and doing any task at home, school, or work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment