Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Party all night!


Jumbo is now 15 years old, a teenager basically. He has just been invited to a party yesterday and I told him today I would give him the answer. So today during lunch, he asked me about the party again.

"Yes. That's exactly what I wanted to talk to you about. You are 15 years now, Jumbo. You are responsible enough to distinguish what is wrong and what is right. You know that drinking any alcoholic drink is bad, having sex during this young age, tongue kissing, well, you know all these things are not right. I am letting you go, okay, but I will be picking you up at 10- 10:30pm. No later than that."

With no smile, no sad or mad face, just accepting the facts that I was telling him, he said, "Okay mom."

And tomorrow I will go leave him at the party. I think this decision makes me a flexible parent because I am letting my son socialize and find his identity during his adolescence and young adult period. This also makes me a responsible parent too because I am not letting him party all night (he has a curfew time) and I am also warning him about what he shouldn't do, which he clearly knows well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment